London Kitchen Deliveries is an initiative founded by London Basque Kitchen and Ginger Jar Food, bespoke catering companies whose revenue stream has been hit hard from COVID-19.
We wanted to put our best foot forward and offer home cooked meals to customers across London during this time, ensuring people have access to nutritious meals, which they don't always have to cook for themselves.
So fill your fridges and freezers, send our food as gifts or just buy yourselves a treat, we're here to help as best we can and we appreciate any support you can give at this time. Please also check out the Food Donations page for details of how would like to assist the wider community.
Best, Jenny & Monica x
Monica Gil Ruiz & Jenny McNeill
Health & Safety
London Basque Kitchen Ltd has the highest Food Hygiene rating from the Food Standards Agency of 5 stars, which reflects the excellent standards we maintain in our premises. We are committed to maintaining these high standards through the current COVID-19 pandemic and will be taking extra precautions to ensure the products we deliver are safe.
Note. The Food Standards Agency is not asking food businesses to change any practices over and above what they do to achieve and maintain a 5 star rating as it is not believed that COVID-19 can be passed on through food.
We have full opening and closing cleaning routines as a business and avoid cross contamination by thoroughly cleaning surfaces and equipment between preparation of different food groups. However, we will now also ensure that:
- Kitchen linen, including staff uniforms, cleaning cloths and hot oven cloths, is removed from the kitchen each day and deep cleaned at a high temperature.
- All staff to wear food handling gloves at all times, regularly changing when switching to work on a new food groups.
- Continue to ask all staff working within our food business to certify that they have a clean bill of health and sign to say they know of no reason why they are not fit to work.
- Operate a contactless delivery system, phoning clients when we are outside the door to leave food in an appropriate place.
- Giving delivery drivers access to hand sanitiser to use between deliveries.
So far, there is no evidence that the virus can be transmitted through food. The virus however is heat sensitive so additional precautions such as ensuring hot water and soap is used to wash hands as well as ensuring food is thoroughly cooked is recommended and will continue to be undertaken by all staff.
As a food business, we will also endeavour to:
- Review the country of origin of all raw materials, it may be some items are restricted due to travel lockdowns
- Ensure that the 3rd party accreditations of our suppliers is up to date
- Ensure a thorough return to work process is in place for all staff following illness or period of self isolation